The Columbus Land Bank Program
The Columbus Land Bank was established in 1994 under the Land Reutilization Program (ORC 5722) to improve Columbus neighborhoods by returning vacant, abandoned and underutilized residential and commercial properties into productive community assets. Today, the Columbus Land Bank receives property from various sources, including Tax and Environmental Court Foreclosures, donations, and purchases. The Columbus Land Bank will acquire and hold a property until it is sold to a homebuyer, non-profit developer, or investor for redevelopment. The Columbus Land Bank will also sell vacant lots to adjacent property owners to expand their property or lease open space for community gardens. Since its establishment, the Columbus Land Bank has sold over 700 properties to various non-profit or for-profit developers, homeowners, and adjacent property owners.
More information on land banks and how they can be used to improve communities can be found here.
Reporting assistance and information concerning the Mayor's Vacant and Abandoned Properties (VAP) Initiative can be found here.
Interested in Buying Land Bank Property?
VIEW NEW LISTINGS HERE
- To search for Land Bank houses for sale, or to find a vacant lot to build a new house, lease as a community garden, or purchase as a side yard, please select "Properties for Sale".
- TIP: Information about each parcel, including Parcel ID, ownership history, and the ability to search by location on map (GIS), see the Franklin County Auditor.
- TIP: To search by zip code on the Properties for Sale page, type it in the address box and click "Search".
- TIP: To search by map, select "Map of Properties for Sale".
- Browse the related links to the left for other housing programs that may assist you in owning a home.
- For other properties not listed, please call us at (614) 645-LAND (5263).
Properties are only sold through an application to the Land Redevelopment Office. The specific application required will depend on the individual property and the intended use. Please note that with the exception of side yard lots, a redevelopment plan is required for all Land Bank purchases. If interested, call the office at the number above to speak with a property manager or to schedule a showing.
For more information on requirements to purchase property and the application process, select “Applications”.
End of Year Report 2012
City of Columbus
Land Redevelopment Office
109 N. Front St.
Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 645-LAND (5263)