Our Mission: To improve the quality of life in Columbus neighborhoods through implementation and enforcement of the City's Housing, Zoning, Graphics, Health, Sanitation, and Safety Codes
Code Enforcement is responsible for the enforcement of the following City codes:
- The Housing Code, which enforces the quality of the many thousands of dwellings, dwelling units, and rooming houses within the City of Columbus;
- The Zoning Code, which regulates land use and licensed facilities, such as junk and salvage yards;
- The Nuisance Abatement Code, which addresses the condition of vacant and blighted properties located within the City;
- The Health, Sanitation, and Safety (Environmental) Codes, which regulates high grass, weeds, solid waste, and general sanitary maintenance of properties within the City, and;
- The Graphics Code, which enforces laws having to do with signs located within the City (scroll down at link location for Graphics Code information).
Code Enforcement also works to ensure that the unique characteristics of Columbus' Historic Districts and Commission Areas are maintained and protected.
The Code Enforcement Division is divided into three main sections:
CLICK HERE if you have received a Code Enforcement Violation Notice.
If you have other questions, please click here to go to our 'Frequently Asked Questions' (FAQ) page.
Website-related questions can be submitted via this e-mail link.